Want To Join The Southwest Fire District?
The Fire District
is always looking for a few dedicated individuals interested in
an exciting challenge and a way to help the community. If you are
interested in becoming a volunteer, stop by any of our three stations
and pick up an application. Or you can click below and download
an application and either drop it off to us or mail it. If you have
question regarding our volunteer program, feel free to contact us
at 260-747-2938 or simply E-mail us.
Download The Application Here (PDF Format)
Minimum Requirements for Membership
- 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Successful completion of criminal, driving and personal
- Successfully pass an interview with department Command Staff
- Successfully pass department issued aptitude test
- Successfully pass department Physical Agility Course
- Must meet department minimum insurance standards (see application)
- Must have valid Indiana drivers license
- Must pass pre-membership drug/alcohol screening
- Must successfully complete "Basic Firefighting Training"
- Must attend a minimum of two traininings per month (approx.
6 hours per month)
- Must respond to minimum of 36 incidents per year (average
run volume is 850 calls)